Bupa Global Travel CLAIMS

Foto reclamos

Claims global

How to submit a claim

We can settle payment directly with the hospital where you're being treated for covered expenses, or we can pay you directly for covered medical expenses if you've already paid at the hospital.

Travel claim forms

Download the travel claim form you need in order to get reimbursement for expenses. Once you've filled out the form, you can either send it via email or print it out and send it by post.

Download your form

Submit a claim online

Submit your travel claim to us online.
By continuing you will leave Bupa Global and be directed to our secure portal. This site will open in a new window.

Start online claim

Online claiming for travel insurance - Frequently asked questions

Who can submit a claim online?

All Bupa Global customers with a Travel Insurance policy can submit their claims online.

How do I submit a claim online?

All you have to do is scan your bills and corresponding receipts before attaching the documents to the online form. The document format must be jpg, pdf, tiff or gif, and the maximum size per file is 10mb.

What information should I include with my claim?

  • Policy number, date of birth, first and last names
  • Email address
  • Itemised bills
  • All diagnoses related to all claims
  • If you have a health insurance, travel insurance or accident insurance with another company, please state the company name and your policy number

All bills must specify:

  • Diagnosis
  • Type of service
  • Proof of payment
  • Cost of each service provided (consultation, laboratory examination, medicine, etc)
  • If medicine has been purchased, a copy of the prescription should be included

How do I scan my bills?

To make sure your bills are legible upon receipt, please scan you bills and save them to pdf, jpg or tiff format. The maximum file size is 10mb. On the online form you click the browse button to find and select your documents before attaching them.

What if I submit bill for more than one person?

If you submit bills for more than one person, it is important to make sure that it is absolutely clear which person each bill concerns.

What if I submit bills for more than one policy?

If you submit bills for persons insured on different policies, you must submit the bills for each policy separately to avoid misunderstanding.

What is a Property Irregularity Report (P.I.R.)?

A report issued by the airline documenting the baggage incident.

Who is the Provider?

The hospital, doctor’s office, ambulance service, etc., who provided the service for which you were billed.

Under which claim type should I submit non-medical claims?

Please refer to the Policy Conditions for further details on coverage for each claim type, as the below descriptions are only outlines and do not list the requirements for coverage.

  • Daily hospital benefit/Daily emergency cash allowance: If you have received inpatient treatment and wish to claim for the cash allowance covered by the insurance
  • Flight delay: If you experienced flight delay, cancellation or overbooking of a scheduled flight and wish to claim for documented, necessary and reasonable additional expenses for accommodation, food and local transport
  • Personal accident: If an accident occurred resulting in the insured’s death, loss of a limb, loss of sight, loss of extremity, or total permanent disablement
  • Personal liability: If you need to claim for legal liability for bodily injury or property damage incurred by the insured
  • Security and legal aid: If you experience legal problems during your covered trip and need to claim for legal assistance and security
  • Theft/burglary/robbery: In case of robbery, burglary or theft of personal belongings
  • Fire: In case a fire should damage your personal belongings

What if I submit bills for more than one claim type?

If you submit bills for more than one claim type (eg. dental, medical or baggage), you must submit a separate claim for each type to avoid misunderstandings.

Do you need my original bills?

No, we no longer require the original bills in order to assess your claim. We only need a scan/copy of your original bills. However in case of lost baggage, you will still need to send us the original bills for documentation purposes.

Should I keep my original bills after submitting my claim?

We recommend you keep your original bills until your claim has been assessed.

How will I know if you received my claim?

Once the claim has been submitted, you will receive an email confirmation as proof of submission.

How will I know when my claim has been assessed?

You will receive an email notifying you that your claim has been assessed. If you hold an annual travel policy your reimbursement documents will also be available on your personal website, myPage.

Log to myPage

How will my reimbursement payment be sent to me?

For quick reimbursement, we recommend you have your payment transferred by credit card or bank transfer. You can also choose to receive your payment by cheque.

How do I select my preferred method of payment?

When you complete the online form you are asked to choose your preferred method of payment.

What information is needed to make a transfer to my bank account or credit card?

If you wish to have your reimbursement transferred to your bank account, we need the following information from you:

  • Name and address of your bank
  • ABA / SWIFT / BIC Code
  • Account number
  • IBAN number (if the transfer is to a European bank)
  • Sort code (if the transfer is to a British bank)
  • Name of account holder
  • Currency

If you wish to have your reimbursement transferred to your credit card, we need the following information from you:

  • Type of card (Visa/Euro/Master/JBC)
  • Name of card holder
  • Card number
  • Expiry date (MM/YY) of the card
  • Currency

What browsers can I use?

The online claim form works with any of these browsers: Internet Explorer (version 7+), Firefox, Safari or Chrome.

Is the online claim form secure?

In order to protect your credit card details and personal information the online claim form is based on a secure web page. You can check that a web page is secure when a 'lock' icon appears in the window of the browser and when the URL begins with "https" (instead of the standard "http").

What if I can't scan my bills?

You can submit your claim to us by post. The address is:

Bupa Global Travel
Palaegade 8
1261 Copenhagen K

You can also submit the claims by email.
Follow Us

Logo Linkedin Logo Instagram Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo YouTube